About Me

My photo
I am a second year teacher and loving every minute of it! I have the most adorable and hilarious kiddos. They keep me entertained and I just hope they're learning as much from me as I am from them.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 20, 2012

WHEW, Finished! A Classroom Tour...

Well after lots and LOTS of work in my classroom, I think I can finally say I'm done!  All the desks are set-up, books leveled, and posters hung on the wall.  Scroll below for a tour of our NEW room!
This is the view from the door.  In 72 hours there will be lots of busy, energetic, and fun children ready to tave over!

These are their "Meet the Teacher" packets with lots and lots of information inside.

This is our reading corner.  In the colorful buckets are i-pod shuffle listening centers.  Kiddos can also grab a buddy (one of the stuffed animals) to listen to their awesome reading.

This is our back counter, please excuse the "Meet the Teacher" mess all over it.  This is where my sweet kids will choose their lunch each day.  There is also a "Data Center" that we will update throughout the year.

This spot is where we will post our Math Vocabulary and spend lots of time on the computers.  There are also fun math games in the colorful drawers.

This is the writing center.  Here my kiddos will have a chance to practice their writing skills each day.
(Again: excuse the "Meet the Teacher" mess!)

On this back wall I will showcase the students work and post reading word wall words.  There are also leveled book baskets that the kiddos will shop in each week to pick out their books.

This is my desk

Calendar, Schedule, and Daily Helper board

Our classroom rules so that we can play and learn safely

Our "Hollywood" themed clip chart.  I'm sure everyone will always be "On the Red Carpet" this year :)

So that's our classroom this year.  I just can't wait to meet my new "firsties" this afternoon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi cute classroom set up. Love the writing area. I just found you and am your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete