About Me

My photo
I am a second year teacher and loving every minute of it! I have the most adorable and hilarious kiddos. They keep me entertained and I just hope they're learning as much from me as I am from them.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School

Well...we all survived!  The first day is always the longest and hardest day of the year, but it's always so special at the same time.  First we spent our morning unpacking, practicing morning routines, and learning all about each other.

My favorite activity that we did (and the only one I managed to snap some pictures of) was our "First Day Jitters" activity.  We began the lesson by reading First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg. I always love watching the kids reactions when they realize at the end of the story that the main character is a teacher.  It's just one of those precious moments to watch a child realize that teachers are nervous the night before school too!  Below are some of the pictures that I managed to snap during all the chaos that is known as the first day of school.






 Oh...the jitter juice fun!
It was SO funny listening to them while they were drinking their jitter juice that was supposed to take care of those jitters in their tummies.  They were too exicted!  I think everybody was able to "feel the jitters going away." :)

It was a great first day and I'm excited for day 2! Now it's time for this tired teacher to get some sleep so I can do it all over again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment