About Me

My photo
I am a second year teacher and loving every minute of it! I have the most adorable and hilarious kiddos. They keep me entertained and I just hope they're learning as much from me as I am from them.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Blog!

I can honestly say that I am SOOO embarrassed to be writing this post, but I'm going to just rip off the band-aid and make it quick. Confession: I have not been good about blogging this year.  I have taken lots of pictures this year and LOVED having my sweet kiddos, but actually uploading posts...not to successful.  Needless to say, my New Year's resolution is to post at least 1 blog per week (yes, I know I already missed a week, yikes!) So here is my post for this week, ENJOY!

Here are some pictures from our "Contraction Surgery" we had last week.  This is always one of my favorite lessons to teach because the kids LOVE it.  I have to say my favorite part was when I over heard some of the students communicating by saying "Dr. ________ (last name) how do you think we should fix our contraction?" I had to hold back tears I was so happy!

First, everyone got their "patient."


Next, we had to "prep" for surgery.  This is always the best part :)

...and the final project! 
It was such a fun day to be in first grade!!!  We've been talking about contractions again this week and I've heard so many references to our surgery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment